We are currently recruiting for:
Are you an experienced Senior Hydrogeologist looking to take the next career step?
Due to business growth, several recent major new clients and future development plans, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic Senior Hydrogeologist, to work within our strong team of highly knowledgeable technical experts giving you the opportunity to develop your skill set and progress your career.
Hafrenwater is an established and dynamic consultancy, based in Shrewsbury, involved with a wide range of water-related projects operating nationally. We provide services to the minerals, waste, agricultural, housing and environmental sectors, amongst others, and have many long-standing clients and a varied and growing remit.
We are looking for a Senior Hydrogelogist with a practical and detailed knowledge of groundwater issues who is able to produce both quantitative and qualitative assessments, to a very high standard with minimum supervision. You must be numerate, have an eye for detail and enjoy solving challenging hydrogeological problems.
Great communication skills are a must as you will need to be able to build strong working relationships with your colleagues, clients and regulators. Experience with client liaison and a knowledge of regulators throughout the UK, including the Environment Agency/Natural resources Wales/SEPA is highly desirable.
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and innovative environment to develop your skills and support you in your professional training. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your expertise and give you access to a variety of interesting projects across the UK and potentially internationally.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to expand their role and the future direction of the hydrological function of the company.
We are keen to hear from candidates with:
• A minimum 2:1 classification of a relevant degree and postgraduate qualification in hydrogeology or a closely allied discipline
• 2 years minimum experience, including employment within a consultancy environment
• Good working knowledge of EA, NRW, SEPA and LLFA requirements
• Experience of analytical methods of quantifying groundwater flow
• Excellent report writing, communication and organisational skills
• Demonstrable experience of working on projects delivered to tight deadlines and within set budgets
• Ideally some experience of groundwater modelling packages
• Commercial awareness, understanding of budgets and deadlines
• Experience in using GIS software would be advantageous
• The role will require availability for occasional travel across the UK and potentially overseas.
• Full clean driving licence
Rewards & Benefits/What we offer:
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
• Profit related bonus scheme
• Flexible working schedule including home office working contribution or relocation assistance
• 25 days annual leave per year
• Employer's Pension Plan contribution
• Mobile Phone for work use
• Payment of a relevant professional subscription.
Applications can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org We aim to respond to applicants within 2 weeks. If shortlisted, a member of our recruitment team will call you for an initial phone call with the next stage formal interview by video call on Microsoft Teams.